Have you been wondering what else is in store for you with the Visual Studio Team System product suite? Well now, the wait is over!
Today Microsoft decided to share some very exciting information with the community at large. You have probably already heard of Orcas, the next release of Visual Studio (not a major release of Team System) which also includes some incremental updates to Team Foundation Server. Now you can get a preview of where we are heading beyond Orcas, previously code named "Rosario". Rosario will enable exciting new scenarios to help software and business teams collaborate more effectively, ensure applications meet the quality bar for delivery, and improve team productivity during application development. Some of the major scenarios and features in Visual Studio Team System code-named “Rosario” will include:
- Joint prioritization and management of IT projects through integration with Microsoft Project Server
- Project management across multiple projects for proactively load balancing resources according to business priorities
- Full traceability (inc. hierarchical work items) to track project deliverables against business requirements and the ability to conduct rapid impact analysis of proposed changes
- Comprehensive metrics and dashboards for shared visibility into project status and progress against deliverables
- Powerful new features to enable developers and testers to quickly identify, communicate, prioritize, diagnose and resolve bugs
- Integrated test case management to create, organize and manage test cases across both the development and test teams
- Testing automation and guidance to help developers and testers focus on business-level testing rather than repetitive, manual tasks
- Quality metrics for a ‘go/no-go’ release decision on whether an application is ready for production and has been fully tested against business requirements
- Rapid integration of remote, distributed, disconnected and outsourced teams into the development process
- Easy customization of process and guidance from Microsoft and partners to match the way your team works
- Improvements to multi-server administration, build and source control
Check out this page to see an overview of everything coming down the pipe for the next couple of years.