Need Two Camera Baby Monitor

I am pleased to announce that early next year there will be a new member of the Pennell family. This is of course a time of joy, not least of which because I get to buy some more gear. Specifically I need a baby monitor that supports two cameras. As far as I can tell, there are only two models: Mobicam, and Baby Quiet Sounds. The Mobicam has a tiny 1.5″ color screen, and conflicts with a lot of folks’ 802.11 network (according to feedback on Amazon), a deal breaker for me. The Quiet Sounds one has a decent b/w screen, but doesn’t automatically switch to whichever room contains the noise-creating child. We have a single-camera Quiet Sound’s device, which eventually died after two years of daily use, but was otherwise good.

Is there another choice? Here are my requirements:

• Two cameras
  • Can see in the dark
  • Automatic switching based on sound
  • Reasonable sized screen included (i.e. not a PC or full-size monitor)
  • Wireless (and compatible with 802.11 networks and 2.4GHz phones)

1. Anonymous says:

Just remember to remove them when they turn 18 🙂

2. Anonymous says:

Congrats! Babies Rule!

Are you absolutely set on a video monitoring system?

The reason I ask is that we tried two or three with our first child, and in the end just ditched them for the standard sound only model – which has served us well through two children. We found, for the most part, that the video monitoring systems just didn’t give decent picture quality, and offered poor reception. I even strung hardwired CAT 5 through the house so we weren’t dealing with conflicts with the wireless network for them – and still we got poor signal quality.

That’s just my two cents on Video Baby Monitors.

3. Anonymous says:

I don’t have any insight but am in exactly the same situation. I’m thinking of trying the mobicam…I’ll let you know how it goes when I get it. -L

4. Anonymous says:

Did you ever find a good solution?  Apparently Motorola has a decent one (http://www.davidsteele.com/baby_video_monitor.html?gclid=CMLClLSytYUCFRM1JAodPhYdvw) but expensive.  Not sure about monitoring two different channels, or auto-switching.  I’m looking for a similar solution…

5. Bob Dyne says:

Congratulation!

We are one of the leading security surveillance provider and reliable supplier in China.Our company has been engaged in designing, producing and exporting SPY cameras,CCD and CMOS wired, wireless cameras, waterproof cameras, bullet cameras night vision cameras and IP cameras for a few solid years. Most of our cameras arre CE,FCC approved.We have our own factory, which  is located in Shenzhen, about 2 hours’ drive from Hong Kong.  Our factory is about 4000 square meters,and has more than 200 enplyees. Our products are welcomed by customers from all over the world, especially from the USA and European countries owing to our good quantity, fast delivery and good after-sales service.OEM is welcomed.Some of our cameras has got Rhos certificate.

So I believe we have the products you are looking for. Welcome to visit our website: http://www.cnszlyd.com and http://www.lianyd.en.alibaba.com. If you are interested in our products or need further information, please feel free to contact me without hesitation. We would try our best to serve you and your company.

your convenient reply will be appreciated.

Sincerely Yours

Bob Dyne

Contact me

MSN:bob-dyne@hotmail.com

Skype:bob-dyne

E-mail:bobdyne@126.com

website:http://www.szlyd.com

6. Anonymous says:

We are  interested in importing baby monitors.  Our requirements are:

1. inexpensive

2. two cameras per monitor

3. portable – hand held monitors

4. prefer automatic switching from each camera

5. prefer sound activated camera which would automatically switch monitor to loudest sound

Please contact us if you can deliver.

Most Sincerely,

Leonard Myers – President

Safe Baby Shop

Rhode Island, U.S.A.

7. Anonymous says:

I have one of these MobiCams and it works great. Interference from my WiFi network is no problem, just put your router on a different channel than your camera (most routers come preconfig’ed for channel 5 anyhow, the camera runs on 1-3). The issue is walls in between and things like microwave ovens which you can’t fine tune their channels.  I tried mine with or without the wifi running and no change. But if I got closer to the unit and had a line of site, clear signal.  It’s still fine with some interference, buts that’s going to be the case for any wireless device around corners.

I do want to know if anyone has had luck in connecting up to this camera from their wifi enabled computer.  I know they sell some ReCam software, but it only works on windows XP and under, no mac support.  I should be able to use any of a million other software for the mac, but I can’t find documentation that describes maybe what the deafault IP number is or how else to see and connect to it.  Any ideas?

8. Anonymous says:

A good friend of mine recently purchased the Mobicam ultra monitoring system and they are extremely pleased with it.  I personally do not know much about baby monitors and such but I have gotten word that Summer Infant is the up-and-coming manufacturer.  Here is the best price I could find on the product. <a href="http://www.allegromedical.com/maternity-care-c527/two-camera-dual-scanning-2-4-ghz-video-monitoring-system-p215303.html&quot; target="_blank" >Summer Infant Two Camera Video Monitoring System.</a> Hope this helps.

9. David says:

I need a wired solution with one camera and a monitor included which works via UTP/CAT5. Easy connection without PC and which will give crisp pictures and sound. Is this available?

10. I purchased a "Sentinel" from the Safe Baby Shop – safebabyshop.com.  It takes up to 4 cameras.  It is UNBELIEVABLE!  The absolute best picture – and I’ve been through quite a few baby monitors.  It is digital and there is no interference.  Hurray!  Finally a top quality product with a superb picture.

Tammy

11. In case anyone comes across this post looking, I’ve had great luck with the Summer Infant Baby Monitor. It does take up to 4 cameras! There’s a good review of this monitor on this site here: http://baby-monitor-ratings.com/summer-infant-baby-monitor/

12. Sam says:

Hi, what baby monitor did you eventually buy?

We are looking for a 4 camera baby monitor for a nursery…

13. Kit McLaren says:

This product sounds good but if you don't mind I recommend a <a href="http://www.wirelessbabymonitorfinder.com/">wireless baby monitor</a>

14. Baby Apnea Monitor says:

Having a new baby brings excitement to the family. This baby is very delicate and precious that is why I recommend this wireless baby monitor. Check it out here http://www.wirelessbabymonitorfinder.com

15. J Gerard says:

I wish to recommend this site, which I find very helpful http://www.twowaybabymonitor.com. Congrats in advance and hope to hear from you soon! Thanks. 🙂

16. <a href="http://www.mybabymonitorreviews.com">Baby Monitor Reviews</a> says:

In my opinion the top things to look out for when choosing a baby monitor is the following:

1) A good distance range

2) Number of channels – for decreasing any interference

3) Go for digital, not analogue

4) Portability

5) Two-way talkback feature – allows you to communicate with baby from another room.

Summer Infant is an excellent baby monitor brand which offers all of the above.

17. Hestia Baby Monitor says:

Hestia H100 Monitor – Peace of mind like never before.

There comes that moment in every child’s life when they make the transition into their own room, whether it’s from the day you arrive home from hospital, or after spending their first six months sleeping soundly within arms reach in a cradle by your bed, or, like my son, who at 2 years old, has decided he’s ready to sleep alone

The Hestia H100 model ticks all those boxes and more and, after using it, I would consider it the best on the market.

These are the official features of the unit:

• FHSS – frequency hopping technology ensures interference free transmission.

• Absolute privacy protecting the transmission data

• Transmission distance of 250m in an open area

• For parents using the monitor from their child’s infancy, this device will be invaluable for allowing that valuable time when baby is asleep to be used to re-charge their batteries, whether by sitting and watching a movie, reading quietly or getting out into the garden and healing fresh air. Or, as is most often the case in those early days, gazing lovingly into the sleeping face of your little angel!

• The greater distance will allow those with a two story, or very large house, to move around freely, knowing the transmission signal won’t falter. With the option to run 4 cameras from the unit, parents with more than one child will be able to lie in bed at night and watch their children dream.

I bought it at http://www.babybubs.com.au

18. Hestia H100 Monitor – Peace of mind like never before.

Choosing the right monitor from the hundreds available isn’t so easy. Faced with too much choice, I tend to get overwhelmed and inevitably make the wrong decision. As with any other technological purchase, I trust that when given my needs, the retailer will point me to the right product.

These are the official features of the unit:

• FHSS – frequency hopping technology ensures interference free transmission.

• Absolute privacy protecting the transmission data

• Transmission distance of 250m in an open area

• Night time is a whole other story and this is where the clarity of image and feeling of connection really came into its own. In my case, the monitor was absolutely for my peace of mind and security, but, again given my son’s age, was also a way to let him know that I could see him and hear him, even though we were no longer sharing the same space. I do believe that helped with the transition; for both of us.

I bought mine from http://www.Babybubs.com.au