I announced the release of v1 of the VSTO/VSTA Power Tools last time, and they’ve been getting quite a bit of use so far. The downloads are here – these include an overview document. Note that the documentation for the individual tools is installed in the same folder where you install the tools themselves.
Phil Hoff, who was one of the developers working on the Office Interop API Extensions library has a number of very interesting blog posts, and I encourage everyone to check them out – there’s lots of useful information in these posts, and I hope Phil will keep them up.
These steps explain how you can file bugs and suggestions for the VSTO/VSTA Power Tools. We review these on a regular basis, so if you find a bug or have a suggestion, please submit them:
1. Go to Microsoft Connect at http://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx.
2. Sign up or log in to the site.
3. On the left menu, click Available Connections.
4. On the next page, click Visual Studio and .NET Framework.
5. On the next page, choose one of the following:
To see if your issue already exists, click Start Here. In the Search Feedback box, search for the issue. If the issue does not exist, click Submit Feedback. On the next page, click Bug Submission Form or Suggestion Submission Form.
To submit a bug or suggestion, click Submit a Bug or Submit a Suggestion.
6. On the submission form, enter the required information. In the Description box, specify “VSTO/VSTA Power Tools”.
7. When you are finished, click Submit.
You can also post comments/bugs/feedback to this blog.