The sixth New York City Code Camp is just around the corner – have you registered yet?
It’s going to be held on October 1st at Pace University, conveniently located in downtown Manhattan. And whenever an event is held at a university I like, little birds chirp happily somewhere in the world. There are plenty of them chirping right now.
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I’m going to take words right out of my colleague’s mouth, highlighting the bit I like the most:
What’s a Code Camp and why should I go?
A Code Camp is technical event for professional software developers and students. The Code Camp event are hosted by software developers, technologists, and those in related technical fields, who have volunteered their time to organize an event packed with technical sessions in a variety of topics. You’ll find industry expert speakers presenting on a range of topics from the practical, everyday advice of dealing with legacy code, to demonstrations of the latest, shiniest, technology.
A Code Camp isn’t just about sitting in sessions – there’s a lot of professional and social networking, both during and after the events. If you’re looking for work, it’s a great way to scope out opportunities.
Although Code Camps are usually free, NYC is an expensive place. Even with the help of our awesome sponsors, there’s many costs left, so this Code Camp has a $15 fee. But it’s more than worth it…
Developers! Here’s what you get:
- Talk tech with industry experts and MVPs, or chat with Microsoft employees.
- There’s lots of great sessions and content for all developers on both Microsoft and non Microsoft platforms.
- Network and find freelance opportunities or full time jobs.
- Sharpen your skills!
- Yes, there’s food! The attendance fee covers Breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages.
- Lots of SWAG, free software, giveaways, and prizes.
Students! Jump ahead of your classmates in your career!
- See real world software development, in action, before you graduate.
- Talk to real world developers, and get advice on your projects, careers, interviewing, and more.
- Learn how to leverage your academic knowledge in the workplace.
- Learn how to monetize apps, and make some extra cash!
Hope to see you there!