Yesterday, the BizTalk product team has released the feature pack 2 that contains very exciting new features:
Deployment and Administration
- Application Lifecycle Management with VSTS
- Using Visual Studio Team Services, you can define multi-server deployments of BizTalk Server 2016, and then maintain those systems throughout the application lifecycle.
- Backup to Azure Blob Storage
- When deploying BizTalk Server to Azure VMs, you can backup BizTalk Server databases to Azure blob storage.
- Adapter for Service Bus v2
- When using the Service Bus Adapter, you can utilize Azure Service Bus Premium for enterprise-scale workloads.
- Transport Layer Security 1.2
- Securely deploy BizTalk Server using industry-standard TLS 1.2 authentication and encryption.
- API Management
- Publish Orchestration endpoints using Azure API Management, enabling organizations to publish APIs to external, partner and internal developers to unlock the potential of their data and services.
- Event Hubs
- Using the new Event Hub Adapter, BizTalk Server can send and receive messages with Azure Event Hubs, where BizTalk Server can function as both an event publisher and subscriber, as part of a new Azure cloud-based event-driven application.
Analytics and Reporting
- Event Hubs
- Send BizTalk Server tracking data to Azure Event Hubs, a hyper-scale telemetry ingestion service that collects, transforms, and stores millions of events.
- Application Insights
- When preparing BizTalk Server to send tracking data to Application Insights, released in FP1, you can use the new Azure sign-in dialog to simplify configuration and named instances of SQL Server.
- Microsoft customers with Software Assurance or Azure Enterprise Agreements are licensed to use Feature Pack 2.
- BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 2 can be installed on Enterprise and Developer editions only.
- BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Pack 2 contains all the functionality of Feature Pack 1, plus all the fixes in Cumulative Update 3.
- You can install Feature Pack 2 on BizTalk Server 2016 Enterprise and Developer Edition (retail, CU1, CU2, CU3, FP1).
- Download the software now from the Microsoft Download Center.