We’ve been thinking (for a long time) of improvig the CTC format and editing experience to make it easier to understand and use. That day is coming, but I don’t know when exactly.
Now, I’ve heard of a language service that someone has produced that will at least colorize the CTC format. If you have such a language service, please let the community know.
Now, here’s a little trick to get some of the same value: associate the CTC extension with the C++ editor.
To do this, do the following:
- Open VS
- Choose “Options…” from the “Tools” menu
- Scroll to and open the Text Editor category (on the left)
- Open the File Extension sub-category
- In the Extension field type “ctc” (without the quotes)
- In the Editor dropdown, select “Microsoft Visual C++”
- Click the Add button
Now when you bring up a CTC file, you’ll get coloring like it is a C++ file. At least you can tell your comments from the the rest of the text. I hope to get this setting to install as part of the VS SDK if I can find the time.
As I said earlier, in the future we’d like to make the whole CTC experience much much better, but I hope this little tip helps in the meantime.