As you’ve already heard lots of new and enhanced capabilities are coming through the latest version of Office Web Apps (Preview), my colleague Steve Peschka did a great job on his post going over steps required to deploy a new OWA farm for your SharePoint 2013 deployment. In this post I will go over steps to configure OWA to allow users translate Office documents by using Microsoft Translator Service:
- On your WAC server enable Translation by running Set-OfficeWebAppsFarm cmdlet and set the TranslationServiceAddress parameter to Microsoft Translator endpoint.
- Restart WAC servers in your farm.
- From SharePoint 2013 site open a Word document via browser.
- Go to backstage by selecting File link and select Translate.
- Select the language from the drop down (e.g. Dutch).
- You should have access to translated document momentarily.