While assisting a customer to deploy a SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting services I hit couple of issues that are not clearly documented on TechNet or MSDN:
- SSRS SharePoint integration only works with “Trusted Account” mode and integration mode would not function.
- When creating data sources in tools like BIDS, by default credentials being sent as SQL server account
- Viewing report in a claims mode web application will prompt for credential and eventually fails with following error:
- To resolve, edit the data source from the report library by selecting the report –> Manage Data Sources –> Selecting the data source and checking the option to send the user information as Windows credentials:
- After applying this change users should be able to view using their Windows credentials.