Note: This post is based on Beta 2 and is subject to change in future releases.
I highly recommend to review the Services in SharePoint 2010 Products diagram, Managed metadata operations (SharePoint Server 2010) and
Plan for large Pages libraries (SharePoint Server 2010) on SP 2010 TechNet site before trying the following steps.
In this post I am going over steps required to configure content organizer by leveraging managed metadata service to automatically organize publishing pages based on the metadata selected by author when creating pages. These steps have been validated against Beta build (4536.1000) and is subject to change for RTM release.
3. Add the new site column to the desired content type (e.g. Base Page) used for creating pages.
4. In SharePoint Designer 2010, from navigation bar click on “Page Layouts”, select desired page layout (e.g. AWDestGuideSectionPage.aspx” and add the following tag to register the new “Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy” namespace:
5. Also add the “TaxonomyFieldControl” to the end of the page layout to allow selecting the destination while creating or editing the page.
6. Save and check in the page layout.
7. From “Site Content and Structure” page right click on the “pages” library, select “Edit properties” and under “General Settings” enable folder creation option.
14. Save the page and check in.
15. Notice that new page is now accessible under “Pages/Consumers/” as configured in the rule.