Note: This post is based on Beta 2 and is subject to change in future releases.
Create or obtain the domain account that will be used for profile synchronization. This account should have the “Replica Synchronization Domain” privilege.
Farm Admin account is a member of “Local Administrators”
- Verify the User Profile Service Application works fine.
- To start Profile Synchronization Service , in Central Admin Site from “Manage Services on Server” select a server which you want to use it as Profile Synchronization Server and start the User Profile Synchronization Service.
- Select the desired UPA you want to associate with service instance.
- In order to verify that Profile Synchronization Service is working open services.msc and check if the windows services “Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service” and “Forefront Identity Manager Service” are started and running.
- Check the folder %Sp 2010 Installation%\14.0\Synchronization Service\MaData to see if there are two subfolders \ILMMA and \MOSS-XXX.
- Make sure that the status of “User Profile Synchronization” service is set to “Started”.
- From “Application Management” go to “Manage Service Applications”, choose the UPA and click Manage.
- Make sure to add yourself as Administrator for the desired UPA.
- In the UPA management, select “Configure Synchronization Connections”.
- Click “Create a New Connection”.
- To import profiles from AD, choose Connection Type Active Directory and fill the connection information per your setting.
- Verify that Connection is created.
- To kick off Full Synchronization in the UPA management page, click Start Profile Synchronization.
- In the synchronization page, choose Start Full Synchronization if it is the first time to run synchronization.
- Verify that all users and groups are imported properly.
- For People Search make sure to give “Retrieve People Data for Search Crawlers” permission to the default crawler account by selecting UPA and clicking on Administrator icon on the ribbon.
In the next post I will cover the steps to configure services for Multi-Farm scenario.