Our team is growing. If you are interested in creating content and guidance for emerging technologies consider reviewing the following job description and apply for it - Programming Writer, Senior.
Commerce, cloud platform, enabling developers, establishing a new business: If those keywords or traits strike your interest, then you may be interested in this job opportunity. Did you know that Microsoft is investing in a Commerce platform? It’s true! This platform is going to play a huge role in enabling Microsoft and our partner’s businesses. To get the message out to developers, we are hiring a Programming Writer to document the scenarios that help developers learn, use, and extend the platform.
An excellent candidate for this job:
• engages with customers regularly,
• wants to be hands-on in the software development cycle,
• programs in their spare time because they enjoy playing with code,
• considers themselves a customer advocate,
• keeps the industry in mind when negotiating with partners,
• expects to write code samples when creating documentation,
• considers themselves to be a leader, but understands that the best team wins,
• is willing to go that extra mile to make Microsoft's offerings be the best,
• enjoys working on complex problems and learns well from others
As part of your duties, you will engage with the product groups as well as customers and partners. You will create and publish customer scenario-based documentation that contains code samples. You will engage with customers at industry events and establish your own identity in the space through forums, blogs, published content, presentations, and social networking. You will be working on technologies as they are being developed, so you should enjoy establishing best practices for internal and external customers, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity. There isn’t content publicly available to consume, but if you’re interested, please schedule a meeting or apply for the position.
• Qualified applicants should have a strong background in object-oriented development using a variety of languages, including C#, C++,VB, and Jscript.
• A minimum of 5 years industry experience is preferred.
• A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills are required.