Following are characteristics of the scenario:
- WCF service that expose its functionality via SOAP and requires an issued token based on username and password pair.
To solve this scenario, use ACS with the following configuration:
- Use SAML 2.0 token when configuring relying party (trust) for your WCF service.
- Use Service Identity of type Password.
- Securing WCF Services with ACS
- How To: Add Service Identities with an X.509 Certificate, Password, or Symmetric Key
- How To: Authenticate with a Username and Password to a WCF Service Protected by ACS