This paper contains step-by-step instructions for using Windows® Identity Foundation, Windows Azure, and Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0 for achieving SSO across web applications that are deployed both on premises and in the cloud. Previous knowledge of these products is not required for completing the proof of concept (POC) configuration. This document is meant to be an introductory document, and it ties together examples from each component into a single, end-to-end example.
- Programming Windows Identity Foundation (Dev - Pro)
- A Guide to Claims-Based Identity and Access Control (Patterns & Practices) – free online version
- Developing More-Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications (Pro Developer)
- Ultra-Fast ASP.NET: Build Ultra-Fast and Ultra-Scalable web sites using ASP.NET and SQL Server
- Advanced .NET Debugging
- Debugging Microsoft .NET 2.0 Applications
- SSO, Identity Flow, Authorization In Cloud Applications and Services – Challenges and Solution Approaches
- Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) Fast Track
- Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) Code Samples
- Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) SDK Help Overhaul
- Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) and Azure AppFabric Access Control (ACS) Service Survival Guide
- Video: What’s Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service (ACS) v2?
- Video: What Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service (ACS) v2 Can Do For Me?
- Video: Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service (ACS) v2 Key Components and Architecture