| Jimmy May, aspiring geek and part time editor in chief for www.PracticeThis.com tagged me for Things You Know Now. The idea behind all this is sharing the lessons learned at hard knock school of life. Or in other words it is about what would I do differently if I had a chance to rewind. Here is my take.
Things I Know Now
- Value time. Time is the scarcest resource of all. Vlaue it the most. You’ll be amazed how much time can be actually created out of thin air…
- Let some balls drop, prioritize. Focus on stuff that matters, ignore the rest.
- Invest in your strengths not in your weaknesses. Helps building your brand, helps you to stand out, helps you to be you, a better you, the best.
- Create your brand. I first heard about it from Kevin. Kevin is successful professional and entrepreneur. I adopted his advice wholeheartedly. I am a big fan of modeling the best.
- The wider your spread the thinner it gets. This one I learned from Gerald M. Weinberg from his book – Secrets of Consulting: A Guide to Giving and Getting Advice Successfully. The thinner you get the less customers want you.
- Build your network. Is not it proven pattern these days, eh? Look at the social revolution all around us – Facebook, Twitter and many more. Pick the brain of the network, become the next greatest mind.
- Practice Emotional Intelligence. "Emotion Is Your Enemy" – coach John Wooden.
- Become a consultant. Like challenges? Hate cubicles and 9-5 thing?
I tag MCS IL team and ACE team blogs. These teams are my most significant source of insights and continuous learning.
What are the Things You Know Now?
This post is made with PracticeThis.com plugin for Windows Live Writer