| I am aspiring Architect and I am on my quest to become an MCA: Solutions certification (Microsoft Certified Architect).
To start off I first need to have an idea what’s expected from the Architect. I need to know what key characteristics are common to all effective architects.
I need to create a role model, a vision so can better develop myself as an architect.
This is what I discovered reading What Architect Job Roles Are Recognized By the Microsoft Certified Architect Program?
by Hamed Saber
- Communicate primarily with corporate business owners and staff architects.
- Experts in the vertical industry in which they work.
- Responsible for meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Set the overall vision and framework for the IT environment.
- Main focus is on the IT environment from a strategic business perspective
- Engage primarily in the envisioning stages of projects.
- Communicate mainly with business owners within a company and with the technical staff that delivers the solution.
- Affect the enterprise.
- Design the solution to take advantage of the existing assets.
- Integrate the assets into the existing environment.
- Follow the enterprise architecture
- Solve the business problems of the business owner or unit.
- Take a project through envisioning and design
- Consultative to the project manager
- Problems are escalated to the solutions architect.
- Create line of business-based solutions
- Integrate with the existing infrastructure
- Designs solutions supported by the operations group.
- Do not manage the technical staff.
- Demonstrate their skills as a technologist and persuade the staff regarding the validity and approach to the solution.
- Gather business requirements.
- Select the technologies that provide the best solution.
- Identify the products available that will best fit the solution.
- Focus include integration, workflow, and applications
- Enterprise Architect’s Best Friend Is Production System Engineer
- Training Resources For Aspiring Enterprise Architect
This post is made with PracticeThis.com plugin for Windows Live Writer