1. Anonymous says:

hmm interesting, a good description that's easily understandable of what a TAM's responsibilities are.  Thanks for sharing!

2. Anonymous says:

I am interviewing for the TAM role, I am a computer engineer and have done my masters in MIS, I am currently working for a consulting company. My development/programming and computer science skills have taken a backseat, though i have a great foundation with my basics and concepts. My knowledge in Microsofts products stop at the User level. But i found myself relating to your starting paragrah, love technilogy but dont want to get typecasted into one specific arena. What are my chances of getting picked in an interview? Is there anyway you would mind sharing your email ID so i can contact you for more details? Great article! thanks for Posting!

3. Anonymous says:

Tim, is there any way i can contact you personally…i will be interviewing for the TAM role, and after reading your blog, i got rather excited about the opportunity, i have over 10yrs tech/helpdesk in software hardware n networking . i have simple questions about the Tech aspect of the job and interview. My email is ike1077@hotmail.com. any input will be highly appreciated.

4. EGSP says:

Hi Tim,

I can identify with you in some aspects you mentioned. I worked previously at IBM as PM for 3 years and now I'm interested in a TAM vacancy at MSFT.

According with your article, I guess both TAM and PM are very similar roles. Am I right? Would you like to give me your opinion?

Regards!

5. Anonymous says:

Hi Tim,

I have few questions. Could you please give me your mail id or you can also mail me to deepakamath999@gmail.com

6. Anonymous says:

Sounds like they basically do a little bit of everything and a lot of nothing! Very vague-sounding job… but with a salary 2.5 times higher than my current one, it sounds like a pretty solid gig.