We just announced the winners in the US Imagine Cup for game development and software design. The winning software design team will be representing the United States in the World-wide Imagine Cup Finals this summer in New York City. The teams in order are:
Game Design –Windows/XBOX (XNA):
- Bloom - Tribeca Flashpoint Academy
- Plump Pixel - California State University Chico
- Righteous Noodle - University of Houston
- XozGaming - Lick-Wilmerding High School
Game Design Mobile (Zune/Phone)
- Big Impact Bear - University of Houston
- Team AAMP - University of Houston
- Team Mintrus - Columbia College in Chicago, University of Louisville
- EDO - Arizona State University
- Note-Taker - Arizona State University
- Lifelens - Anderson School of Management, Harvard School of Business, University of California San Diego, University of California Davis, University of Central Florida
- Uca Ursus - University of Central Arkansas
- TTHV - Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, Central Connecticut State University
People’s Choice Winners
- Game – Bloom - Tribeca Flashpoint Academy
- Software Design – BearPaw - Brigham Young University
The awards ceremony capped a weekend during which 22 U.S. finalist teams competed, made new friends and explored Seattle. Alex Ryu of Team TTHV remarked, “The whole experience has been phenomenal – it is such a student-centric event!” We’d like to thank all participants in this year’s event, as well as our esteemed panel of judges and our inspiring speakers, including game developer Jane McGonigal and Microsoft Principal Researcher Bill Buxton.
This year’s finalist teams now go back to their universities with the humble knowledge that they are doing their part to change the world. We can’t wait to see what they all do next!
To learn more about all the U.S. finalists, visit http://www.facebook.com/MicrosoftTechStudent?sk=app_188514771167996.
BTW Patrick Godwin did a great job reporting on the closing keynotes at 2011 US Imagine Cup Finals–Keynote Speakers