Something for the math teachers out there – Microsoft Math now at version 4.0
From the download page:
Microsoft Mathematics provides a graphing calculator that plots in 2D and 3D, step-by-step equation solving, and useful tools to help students with math and science studies.
Microsoft Mathematics provides a set of mathematical tools that help students get school work done quickly and easily. With Microsoft Mathematics, students can learn to solve equations step-by-step while gaining a better understanding of fundamental concepts in pre-algebra, algebra, trigonometry, physics, chemistry, and calculus.
Microsoft Mathematics includes a full-featured graphing calculator that’s designed to work just like a handheld calculator. Additional math tools help you evaluate triangles, convert from one system of units to another, and solve systems of equations.
- The Step-by-Step Equation Solver
Students can use this to learn how to solve difficult math problems.
- Graphing calculator
Its full features and large two-dimensional and enhanced three-dimensional color graphs can better illustrate problems and concepts.
- Formulas and Equations Library
Students will find more than 100 commonly used equations and formulae to help identify and apply equations.
- Triangle Solver
This graphing tool explains triangles and their parts.
- Unit Conversion tool
Students can use this handy tool to quickly and easily convert units of measure, including length, area, volume, weight, temperature, pressure, energy, power, velocity, and time.
With the Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote, you can perform mathematical calculations and plot graphs in your Word documents and OneNote notebooks. The add-in also provides an extensive collection of mathematical symbols and structures to display clearly formatted mathematical expressions. You can also quickly insert commonly used expressions and math structures by using the Equation gallery. The Microsoft Mathematics Add-in can help you with the following tasks:
- Compute standard mathematical functions, such as roots and logarithms
- Compute trigonometric functions, such as sine and cosine
- Find derivatives and integrals, limits, and sums and products of series
- Perform matrix operations, such as inverses, addition, and multiplication
- Perform operations on complex numbers
- Plot 2-D graphs in Cartesian and polar coordinates
- Plot 3-D graphs in Cartesian, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates
- Solve equations and inequalities
- Calculate statistical functions, such as mode and variance, on lists of numbers
- Factor polynomials or integers• Simplify or expand algebraic expressions