Don’t forget that the community showcase is Monday 26 April 2010 at the Newseum. Special guests and speakers include James Cameron (Avatar and Titanic), Karen Cator, Direction of Educational Technology at the US Dept of Education Anthony Salcito, Microsoft VP of Education worldwide, and Craig Mundie, Microsoft Chief Research and Strategy Officer.
Now for the other news, Microsoft just announced the four finalists for the Software Design and Game Design competitions for the US Imagine Cup finals. The finalists in no particular order are:
Software Design Teams
- Extraplaid, Utah State University
- MangoBunnies, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, DePauw University
- Mobilife, University of California, Davis
- Team Blob, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Coffee Powered Altruism, Yale University
- Ifrit Salsa, University of Houston
- LeveL 13, University of Houston
- To Be Announced, Central Piedmont Community College
All of the teams, there were 10 in each category, will be demonstrating their projects at the Newseum during the Imagine Cup Community Showcase tomorrow. The four finalists in each category will be presenting in front of a new set of judges during the morning. The winners will be announced tomorrow afternoon. See all the news here as it happens.