The information and registration page is up for this year's CS & IT Symposium at NECC this summer. Some of the announcement is below:
Take advantage of this opportunity for relevant professional development!
Just a few of this year's sessions include:
- Explore issues and trends relating directly to your classroom
- Network with top professionals from across the country
- Interact with other teachers to gain new perspectives on shared challenges
- Teaching CS with Gaming
- Google Search: From Basics to the Latest Innovation
- The GridWorld AP Case Study
- Teaching Technology with Technology
- Practical Tips for Teaching Object Oriented Design
- Incorporating Student Culture in Your CS Classroom
The closing keynote will be by Maria Klawe, President of Harvey Mudd College and former Dean at Princeton. I know many of the concurrent session speakers and some of the best teachers in the country will be presenting.
This wonderful professional development opportunity is hosted by the Computer Science Teachers Association and sponsored by Intel, Google, and Microsoft Research. That sponsorship makes this an especially affordable day especially if you are already going to be in San Antonio for NECC.