ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) is the professional society for people in the computer science field. While most people know about professional societies not as many seem to be aware that many of them have student memberships that can be very valuable and quite cost effective. ACM is one of those.
Students can join for $19.00 at this location. What do they get for their money?
- Full access to 500 FREE online books and 2,200 FREE online courses.
- Gives you full access to the Guide to Computing Literature with over one million bibliographic citations.
- Full year subscriptions to Communications of the ACM online with our Student Pointers email alert service, Crossroads, ACM’s Student Magazine, in print and online, MemberNet and Student Quick Takes member newsletters, and TechNews and CareerNews.
- Access to Ubiquity, ACM’s opinion magazine and forum, and eLearn, ACM’s magazine dedicated to distance education
- Discounts on all ACM journals and magazines
- Discounted rates to attend ACM conferences
- A free email forwarding address
- Discounts and special access to valuable products and services through the ACM’s Insurance, Discounts, and Special Offers Programs such as: credit cards, insurance, software, hardware, publications, and more
- The option to subscribe to the full ACM Digital Library with over 40 computing publications and nearly 2 million pages of text.
The online books and courses alone are a huge benefit as they give students resources for self-learning and for research. The magazines are great ways to keep up with new trends in the industry and in academia.
If you are a member or a teacher you can get brochures to give to your students from ACM. Visit here.
Are you a professional in the field and not an ACM member? Visit this link to find about benefits and to sign up for a professional membership.