A new resource kit has become available for people interested in Philadelphia’s School of the Future. As you may know the School of the Future is a new public school that was designed from the ground up to use technology as a teaching tool (much more than an end in itself). The school was built with public funds and for the same amount of money that any typical school would be built in the district. Microsoft supplied consulting but no money because the goal was for this school to be able to be replicated across the country without external funding.
The Resource kit is $19.99 (free shipping) and includes the following:
* A 38 Minute 4021 Parkside Avenue documentary film by Byron Karabatsos
* School of the Future Planning Resources including:
- Vision Overview
- Learning Space Matrix School Design Resource
- Video Training: Process and People
- Education Competency Wheel Professional
- Getting the Most out of a School Visit Template
- Creating Effective Data Solutions Whitepaper
- Creating 21st Century Schools Whitepaper
I would think school district administrators, school board members and others involved in strategic planning for schools would be particularly interested in this package. Although the web site does have a set of lesson plans for use in teaching a number of concepts for several subjects (including math and ethics) that use the story in the movie as a case study.
BTW more general lesson plans (nothing to do with the School of the Future) on a good variety of subjects may be found here.