Do you know a middle school math or science teacher who would like to experience weightlessness? Well it just might be possible. the Northrop Grumman Foundation Weightless Flights of Discovery program is giving hundreds of teachers and college students who are majoring in education a chance to do just that.
The 2007 Weightless Fights of Discovery program will give 480 teachers and future teachers in eight different communities the opportunity to participate in this incredible program.
- If you are a math or science teacher at an accredited middle school or a college student majoring in education at a university near locations where flights will take place—Colorado Springs, CO; Bethpage, NY; Baltimore, MD; Washington DC; Newport News, VA; New Orleans, LA; Dallas, TX and Los Angeles, CA—you may submit an application to participate in the Northrop Grumman Foundation Weightless Flights of Discovery program. Special consideration will be given to educators in underserved communities and at schools with underperforming math and science scores.
- Obtain and submit a letter of recommendation, on school letterhead, from the school principal or the math or science department head. If you are a future teacher enrolled in an education program, please obtain and submit a letter of recommendation, on school letterhead, from your department head.
- Have the ability to obtain release time from school to participate in the workshop and flight.
- Complete and submit the Northrop Grumman Foundation Weightless Flights of Discovery application.
- Complete a post-flight analysis survey.