There is a whole write-up about Microsoft’s presence at the upcoming Maker Faire on the Coding 4 Fun blog. I’ve been hearing about some of this from my friends Mark Hayes and Sam Stokes who will be there at the Microsoft booth again this year. They went last year and had a blast. There is just so much cool stuff going on its hard to believe!
Maker Faire is the ultimate Geek do it yourself event. Some information from the Coding 4 Fun site is below.
- Dates: Saturday and Sunday May 19th – 20th, 2007
- Location: San Mateo Fairgrounds, San Mateo, CA
- Admission: $15 adults
- Website: http://www.makerfaire.com/
- Video of Phil Torrone & Bre Pettis talking about Maker Faire 2007
What is Maker Faire?
- Maker Faire is a two-day family-friendly event celebrating science and technology projects and the Do-It-Yourself mindset.
- Maker Faire is being produced by our partners at Make Magazine, an O’Reilly publication and this is the 2nd year that Microsoft has been a sponsor.
I really want to go but that’s not happening this year. Its on the wrong side of the country for me. I wish they would do an east coast version one of these days. But if you are anywhere near San Mateo, CA May 19th or 20th and interested in having fun with science and technology Maker Faire would be a great way to spend the day.
And if you go, stop by the Microsoft booth – there is going to be a lot to see there. There will be sample games using XNA, an amazing number of robotics projects and a lot of other ways to program various kinds of hardware. You might be surprised at the ideas you get for projects yourself!