IE7 Beta 2 – come and get it!!

IE Team blog:

“This evening we released IE7 Beta 2 at This release is not the preview or the update to the preview, but the real Beta 2 of IE7 for Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows XP 64-bit Edition. Simply: please try it.”

IE7 Beta 2

1. Rosyna says:

It seems kind of funny. The huge banner says that MS hasn’t heard IE detractors. Or at least hasn’t listened. The complains were 1. Standards Support and 2. Security (caused by ActiveX). I’ve not seen many complaints on the internets about IE being too difficult to use.

2. MSDNArchive says:

Rosyna – fair comment – though you should check out the IE team blog for what they’ve got to say re: standards and security.

3. Rosyna says:

Alex, yeah, I have. The IE team blog does make it clearly sound like MS is listening. But the main graphic on the IE page that you have a screenshot of above does not. Just seems odd to me.

4. MSDNArchive says:

Point taken Rosyna 🙂

5. The Rooster says:

<i>"Simply: please try it"</i> ahhh simply NO. I am sorry I have been dissaponted and continue to be dissapointed by Microsoft and their products, especially in regards to security and privacy.

I will not be trying IE 7 in any form and I do not recommend it to others. Why use a browser that continues to have bugs an security flaws, in addition to the fact that once they are found can take weeks to fix? AND why is it going to be any different this time?

6. Blather says:

So since you’re never going to try it, IE could crap gold bars and hand Firefox its butt with all the extension trimmings. And you wouldn’t have a clue. Ahh, simply smart!

7. Nick Gogerty says:

You may find this interesting it is dynamically generated from our Free RSS reader for Outlook

8. Dark Templar says:

I dont know where to ask, thats why i came here. I have recently downloaded IE7 beta 2, but when i try to instal it, it says that it couldn’t validate windows and opens page that doesnt exist. Is there any other way to instal it? Sorry for bad english.