Global Ideas Bank, an 'online democratic think-tank' proposes this Sunday, Jan 30th, as an Internet-Free Day.
"...recent events should remind us what is truly important: friends, family, health and freedom. So stay off the e-mail, unplug the PC, escape the clutches of the web and head off into the real world: on Internet-Free Day, Sunday January 30th 2005.
Why an Internet-Free Day?
- Because it's all too easy to miss out on face-to-face interaction with your family, friends and neighbours.
- Because the net can be addictive, and a day of cold turkey won't hurt.
- Because blogging doesn't provide your daily vitamins and minerals.
- Because you've got RSI coming on in your mouse arm.
- Because we all need time to reflect.
- Because the real world is a wonderful place.
- Because if the mere idea of it enrages you, you definitely need it"
I'll think about it.
Via Smart Mobs.