There is a known issue when you’re setting Legal Notice text and caption in GPO and when deploying in MDT, the Legal Notice is popping up during auto logon. I fix it by saving JoinDomain to another variable SavedJoinDomain and join to domain before the last step in the task sequence.
Here are the steps
Add a new custom property to your customsettings.ini
Modify Scripts\ZTIDomainJoin.wsf by commenting out those two lines:
oLogging.CreateEntry “Initiating a reboot.”, LogTypeInfo
oEnvironment.Item(“LTISuspend”) = “”
‘ oEnvironment.Item(“SMSTSRetryRequested”) = “true”
‘ oEnvironment.Item(“SMSTSRebootRequested”) = “true”
- Create a new temporary task sequence and ovewrite TS.XML from CONTROL\<Your TS ID> with TS.XML attached to this post
- Copy “Save JoinDomain” group and paste it to your TS before Preinstall\Configure
- Copy “Restore JoinDomain” group and paste it to your TS before State Restore\Recover From Domian. See attahced picture.
- In the following “Recover From Domian” step make sure it’s Auto Recover
- Make sure there are no following reboots after this step
- You can delete temporary task sequence now