I’ll be speaking at the Software Experts Summit 2011, organized by the IEEE Computer Society. It will take place at the legendary Computer History Museum, in the heart of the Silicon Valley. The theme for the summit is “Managing the Pace of Innovation”. The organizers lined up an impressive set of speakers, including Grady Booch, Gary McGraw, Jan Bosch, Linda Rising, Pekka Abrahamsson, and Rebecca Wirfs-Brock.
My talk is on succeeding with globally distributed agile teams. I’ll share lessons learnt from several projects both at Microsoft (the recent one being EntLib) and beyond. I’ll focus on key challenges of distribution and the ways to reduce its impact.
Other cutting-edge software engineering topics include:
- software security and the BSIMM initiative
- how speed drives innovation
- improving decision-making under pressure
- software functionality fundamentals and best-practices
- system’s architecture as a means of governing your project.
If you are in the area, please consider attending. I look forward to both sharing my experience with you and learning from you at the summit.