On July 31 we have kicked off the EntLib4.1 and Unity 1.2 project. This is a minor service release. In it, we address several bugs and enhancements, and provide the following features:
– Collections support in the Unity Application Block (Unity dependency injection container)
– Improved support for generics in Unity
– Interception mechanism in Unity (including integration with the Policy Injection Application Block)
– Improved type picker of the config tool (this one needed a face lift for a long time)
– Debugging visualizer (to allow for easy navigation of mappings, corresponding lifetime policies as well as container extensions).
We also plan on doing rigorous testing on 64-bit machines. I’ll post a complete backlog on Codeplex soon.
We intend to release regular community previews at the end of each iteration (biweekly).
I am excited to continue working with several people from the previous release (Chris, Fernando, Vijaya) and also welcome new team members: Erik and Dennis. Alex, Hanz, and Carlos take on the roles of consultants. This is an amazing team! At the end of the first day we already had two user stories done-done.
Codeplex discussions remain the primary venue for posting your feedback. Keep it coming.