Microsoft Champs Team are attending our first – invitation only – intensive training on Windows 8, Windows Phone, and Windows Azure. This training will put them on the right track to start developing their apps on top of the 3 technologies, and it will enable them to transfer this knowledge to their peers in the community.
The trainers are from Microsoft, Ihub UX Lab, Mlab, iLab, HiveColab, Outbox, DTBI, MIC Tanzania and Uganda and various universities. The team will also have speakers from Nokia, and Qualcomm who are our partners on how to enhance their apps. The Microsoft Champs team members are varied between students, and working professionals all of them are working towards a shared goal which is building and evangelizing technologies for 4Afrika.
Our agenda covers a variety of topics like:
- Introduction to C#
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Platform overview.
- Windows 8 Design Principles.
- Windows 8 Charms, Contracts.
- Windows 8 Store.
- Bing maps for Windows Store.
- Windows 8.1 new features.
- Windows Phone
- Introduction to Windows Phone.
- Windows Phone Design Guidelines.
- Building WP Apps using Platform API, Tasks, and Choosers.
- Windows Phone Store and Best Practices.
- Windows Azure
- Introduction to Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure Websites.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services.
- Notification Hubs.
- Cloud Services and Windows Azure Storage.
- Virtual Machines
The trainings will be in both Kenya and Uganda, with attendees from different countries.
Date: 25th – 28th of September
Venue: Methodist Guest House
Date: 2nd – 5th of October
Venue: Elion House Hotel
To know more about those opportunities and attend our next camps like our page on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter. We publish a variety of opportunities for different countries and about different technologies.