This is the fifth post in a regular series to recap interesting articles, posts and other happenings in the EF world.
The latest release
We recently made EF6 Release Candidate available. This is the last pre-release of EF6 before we RTM with Visual Studio 2013 later this year.
If you’re wondering why we can’t always give you exact dates for EF releases, Arthur Vickers put together a great post titled ‘EF6 release dates…or lack thereof’.
Rowan had a short interview with Robert Green about EF6 on Chanel 9 at TechEd North America.
We saw some great new content about the new features in EF6:
- Testing with a mocking framework and Testing with your own test doubles pages were added to our MSDN site
- The Async query and save walkthrough on our MSDN site was updated
- Database logging and interception (3 part series) by Arthur Vickers
- What’s that Read_Committed_Snapshot Transaction Support for EF6 About Anyway? by Julie Lerman
- Suspendable Execution Strategy by Rowan Miller
- Switching Identity On/Off with a Custom Migration Operation by Rowan Miller
Arthur Vickers addressed the common confusion around Database initializer and Migrations Seed methods.
Julie Lerman blogged about Private Constructors and Private Setters and Entity Framework Power Tool Tips to View Model (A Feature I Depend On!).
Richard Broida wrote about using Entity Framework with F# and Windows Azure.
Rowan Miller covered Running EF T4 Code Generation Templates from Command Line and how to deal with the following error introduced in VS2012 Update 1 – Processor named ‘T4VSHost’ could not be found for the directive named ‘CleanupBehavior’.
Brian Sullivan blogged about Entity Framework Code-First Performance Issue with String Queries.