The information in this post is out of date.
Visit msdn.com/data/ef for the latest information on current and past releases of EF.
The DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET Entity Framework provider for Oracle offers:
- All features supported with 100% managed code architecture: no need for the Oracle client – ever!
- Superior development-time and runtime performance and scalability while using less CPU and memory resources
- EDM portability across data sources (including SQL Server) with flexible model support
- Automatic context detection to ensure optimal performance under the Entity Framework
- Standard EDM context extensions to expose key Oracle features such as schemas, REF CURSORs, and packages
- Security and reliability features including Kerberos, SSL, failover, load balancing, RAC, and XA transactions
- Logging Application Block support to capture SQL generated by the Entity Framework for database optimization and tuning
- Interoperable platform for future DataDirect ADO.NET Entity Framework providers
- 7 x 24 phone, email, and web-based technical support.
For more information or to download a trial check out http://www.datadirect.com/products/net/entity-framework/index.ssp
Congratulations to everyone at DataDirect who contributed to the release!
Program Manager, Data Programmability