Now available on Codeplex, the newest version of the WCF Load Test tool, which was created by the VSTS Rangers…. It takes a WCF trace file and a WCF client proxy, or a WCF interface contract, and generates a unit test that replays the same sequence of calls found in the trace file…
I know there’s been some discussions with customers about making the process of testing “real” web services easier, and hopefully this is a starting point that will help in most situations…
See the link at the end of the post…
The tool has the following main features:
- Replay of captured scenario in a unit test that can be included in a load test.
- Support for the DataContractSerializer.
- Support for message contracts.
- Support for proxies generated using svcutil.
- Support for clients that create proxies at run time from contract interfaces.
- Supports calls to multiple services in a single scenario.
- Supports multiple calls to the same service operation.
- Filtering by SOAP action of which messages in the trace to replay.
- Readable and modifiable code is generated.
- Automatic association of trace message with proxy method (requires all operations to have a unique SOAP action).
- Support for client and server side traces.
- A command line tool for processing traces and generating code.
- Visual Studio 2005/2008 integration (Team Developer, Team Test, Team Suite and for 2008 also Professional)) that can be used instead of the command line tool.