11 Years at Microsoft…

It has, today, been 11 years that I’ve spent at Microsoft. One third of my life (to be exact). (1 year on contract)

Shuddddddderrrrrr.

Let’s see, we launched MS-DOS6, Windows for Workgroups 3.1 (Windows for Warehouses), Windows for Workgroups 3.11 (Snowball), Windows NT 3.1, 3.5, 3.51, Windows 95 (Chicago), NT 4.0 (Daytona), Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me ,Windows 2000, Windows XP, and now Windows Server 2003.

Never saw Cairo and OFS (actually, I did, but not for long).

Office 4 – Office 11. SQL Server 4.1 – SQL 2000. OS/2 and Lan Manager. FAT, FAT32, HPFS, NTFS.

MSN “thick client“ dial-up (Blackbird), Hotmail, MSN Messenger, MSN Explorer

SGML, HTML, CGI, ISAPI, DHTML, ActiveX, ASP, XML, SOAP, ASP.NET, WSE, XAML.

Microsoft Bob.

Now, we have XBOX, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Server 2003, Visual Studio.NET (and the .NET FW), BizTalk Server 2004. (THESE ROCK!!!)

Soon, Whidbey, Yukon, Longhorn Client and Server!!! ( Happy Dance!!!) XAML, Avalon, Indigo, WinFS. (WOOOHOOOOO!!!!)

Truly, the best is yet to come. I still feel like a kid in a candy store. How could a guy get sick of this???

1. Chris McKenzie says:

I am insanely jealous 🙂 . Congratulations!

Chris

2. Ferris Beuller says:

Yeah sweep it under the carpet, shhh maybe notbody noticed. Keep adding fuel to the fire, more zero day full source repro bugs comming right up. We do have source you know 😀 you think we walk empty handed? ROFL dont be so nieve.

3. Ferris Beuller says:

Quite a few of us banded together and plan the leaks and bug notifications cough

We bite back.

4. adamga says:

Sorry Ferris, I won’t delete your comments any more. I just felt they added absolutely no value to the topic discussion, except perhaps to allow you to express some level of frustration. If you would like to have a meaningful discussion on any of the topics I post, just let me know, I’b be happy to have a dialog (1:1 or 1:many).

You are also aware, of course, that software piracy, under the law, is equivalent to theft, and is subject to prosecution. But I’m sure you would not be condoning software theft. Are you?

I’ll leave your comments in as long as they don’t show profanity or a propensity to violence, which I’m sure you are mature enough to understand. I think your posts are self explanatory.

tracert 217.210.96.212 ….

217.210.96.212:3589 ….

5. Ferris Beuller says:

OMG HE CAN RUN TRACERT!!!

I bet you ping your localhost for root every night!

6. Congratulations, sounds like one hell of a (great) time! I wish to be there someday myself! 🙂

7. IceSharK says:

Congratulations

8. Nice job, wouldn’t mind being there myself 😉

9. chris says:

sigh

taking to deleting more posts which highlight what an obvious amateur you are..?