Silverlight 1.0 Unleashed!

It’s now official and on Amazon!  As indicated by the (temporary) cover, it will be in full color, just like WPF Unleashed!  As always, take the release date with a grain of salt because I haven’t even written the whole book yet, but rest assured that it won’t be out until after Silverlight 1.0 is finished.  Although considering that I was able to write .NET and COM 100 years before the technology was introduced, I don’t really need to wait…

1. Hi Adam,

Any chance you could give us a provisional chapter break down? Or is it much too soon for that?

Kind regards,

tom

2. Adam Nathan says:

Sure!  Here’s the current TOC:

1. Getting Started

2. XAML

3. Shapes, Lines, and Curves

4. Text

5. Brushes

6. Positioning and Transforming Elements

7. Responding to Events

8. Animation

9. Audio and Video

3. Good luck with the completion of your book Adam!

–steven

4. austin a says:

I’d advise ‘less depth’ on concepts redundant with yr WPF book. (Point ’em there for "more detailed info".)

That way any Silverlight-only folks get enuf to do stuff, but the book is not too heavy w redundant info.

Just a (general) thought that Web dev folks who don’t know xaml from the WPF context might be more interested in learning to do, instead of exploring all the variations and possibilities in depth.

5. Martin Cook says:

Hi, Are you planning a silverlight 1.1 book? – I am particularly interested in developing managed silverlight applications using C# and would find this very valuable.  Thanks.

Martin

6. sacha says:

Id also like to know if you are going to write a 1.1 managed code version.

7. Thomas says:

+1 for a Silverlight 1.1 as well :-)

8. bizbuy says:

Only in english version? If you have a Chinese version, please leave me a message.

9. sam says:

perhaups one chapter explain in more detail the silverlight 1.1 :)

10. Adam Nathan says:

I have no plans to write a book on 1.1.  Also, although I am not personally writing a Chinese version, there’s always the chance that the book will get translated.