I recently had the pleasure of joining a team of experts on the Things Expo Power Panel about the Internet of Things (IoT). The panel was recorded on Monday June 9, right before the Internet of Things Expo – which is part of SYS-CON’s Cloud Expo – which was held June 10-12 2014 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City.
In this Internet of Things Expo Power Panel, conference chair Roger Strukhoff led a discussion with several industry experts on how the future of computing lies in things and how, as computing takes a much more active role in our lives, it will at the same time become much more invisible. We discuss various company strategies for IoT, the effects of Moore’s Law on IoT, how to connect all these billions (or trillions?) of things in a realistic manner, how can companies get started, and much more.
The panelists were:
- Nick Landry, Senior Technical Evangelist at Microsoft (yours truly)
- Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM
- Jonas Jacobi, Co-Founder & President of Kaazing
- Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy for LogMeIn / Xively
- Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder at Aria Systems
You can watch the panel on Age of Mobility here: