I was chatting with Darren the other day and he said that he's been feeling increasingly disconnected from the DPE team here in Australia since Frank left, and also now that Chuck's gone. Putting aside the fact that they're impossible shoes to fill, I thought it was probably time to call out the other DPE team members who are still here and are still blogging.
- Roger Lawrence (Sydney) - our new Group Manager, Developer Evangelism. Still drinking from the fire hose, but blogs increasingly frequently. Bit of a Windows Mobile buff.
- Dave Glover (Melbourne) - Developer Evangelist extraordinaire and passionate ISV community man. Also digs Windows Mobile, but adds Web things. The keeper of the world's smallest Team Foundation Server.
- David Lemphers (Melbourne) - the wild man of Roger's team and the Dynamics Evangelist. I think he's been doing Mo'vember since it began and has racked up a very creditable 500+ posts. He fluctuates a bit between his MSDN blog and another.
- Nigel Watson (Melbourne) - Architect Evangelist who (literally) lives with a Princess. Passionate about S+S and architecture things in general. Has trouble with some of his vowels.
- Greg Willis (Sydney) - Architect Evangelist. Loves to talk about Web Architecture, Silverlight, SaaS, SOA, S+S and Hype. Hasn't posted for a while.
- Nils van Boxsel (Canberra) - Platform Architect. The only DPE guy in Canberra, but if you could only choose one, he'd be it. Organises the Architect Council and Australian Architect Forum, blogs about Architecture, resources, case studies and user groups (amongst other things)
- Anna Liu (Sydney) - the other Group Manager, Developer Evangelism. Anna runs the team who look after the web things. Her strong architectural and academic (she's the only Ph.D. in the group) shine through.
- Jorke Odolphi (Brisbane) - Web Platform Architect (a.k.a. "Hosting Geek"). IIS7, Command Lines, basically all things hosting - Jorke's your man.
- Scott Barnes (Brisbane) - RIA Evangelist (and keeper of the flame). Barnsey loves to talk about stuff. Sometimes it even makes sense ;). Silverlight, RIA, Integration with other environments are all fair game. Prolific.
- Michael Kordahi (Sydney) - Developer Evangelist. Concentrating on the web-ier side of things, Michael is an ex stand-up comic who likes to ask the difficult questions. Sometimes he even writes about technology.
- Nick Hodge (Sydney) - Professional Geek. Number 9 on Australia's Top Web Celebrities of 2007. Nick's job is to reach the people that the rest of us don't. Basically he gets to play with stuff and interview people who play with stuff. Also has a feline fixation.
- Shane Morris (Melbourne) - User Experience Bloke. It can't be easy being the creative one in the middle of the technologists, but ShaneMo carries it out with aplomb.
- Jeff Alexander (Sydney) - IT Pro Evangelist. Jeffa just celebrated 20 years at Microsoft. He loves Technology for Technology's sake and his new house is buzzing humming and blinking with cool stuff. He's a hardware junkie and there are no less than 4 machines in various stages of undress on his desk, even though he's been on leave for the last month.
- Michael Kleef (Perth) - IT Pro Evangelist. Kleefy's the only DPE person in Perth, but what he lacks in numbers he makes up for in volume - of posts that is. He's not afraid to take on the big issues, but he also loves talking about Virtualisation, Interoperability, Hardware and Software. A geek's geek.
- Nick Ellery (Sydney) - Academic Evangelism. Nick is responsible for connecting with tertiary students and faculty. He does this via the Microsoft Student Partner program, by organising competitions and events on campus. He also maintains the Imagine Cup blog.
In addition there's the AusDev blog with thoughts from Jenny Savann and Finula Crowe. Please, don't forget to keep in touch.