The re-imagined Windows 8 will come soon, and people will love playing games on it.
Getting your game into the Windows 8 store prior to the launch, will bring you some key benefits:
- With windows 8 in the full spotlight, your app will gain maximal visibility
- You as developer can make the game available, find out whether your game is having success
worldwide and use this information as starting point of your further professional career.
Microsoft & Howest DAE
on September 11, 2012
to transform your XNA game
into a Windows 8 App.
Morning : Set the scene
- A walkthrough getting the game from a Windows 7 XNA to run on Windows 8 – no long theory but concrete example
- Get an insight on :
- How to implement the settings charm
- How to implement the sharing charm
- How to deal with file reading and writing, threads, and any other topics I can find which vary between platforms
- How to prepare art assets for Windows
- A list of links and resources for further reading
Afternoon : App-a-thon to get your game Windows 8 ready
The instructor will coach you during the conversion of your game.
At the end of the day,your game might be ready to go, and you can get all visibility with your game.
- Fee: free of charge, including lunch
- Location: Howest, Graaf Karel de Goedelaan 5, 8500 Kortrijk
- Timing: Tuesday, September 11 2012, from 10.00 until 19.00
- Instructor: Alex Schaerer, XNA/Monogame gaming expert
- Preparation:You need installation of Visual Studio 2010 and Windows 8 & Visual Studio 2012. You do not have it yet? No problem, we will send a full checklist in the confirmation mail (including instructions on where to find the installation software).
- Who: everyone who has developped a XNA game is welcome to attend this session. Our host, Howest DAE, will welcome all game developers.
Looking forward to meeting you there.