On Wednesday May 4 in the afternoon we organize the Belgian final of the Imagine Cup 2011 Software Design competition. The winner of this local final will advance to the online qualifying round where their video submission will be judged by an international jury. If the winning team passes this online selection round, they will go to New York City to compete in the Imagine Cup 2011 Worldwide Finals (July 8-13, 2011). At the Worldwide Finals you can win up to $25,000 USD!
If you want to participate with your team, read the following action items carefully:
- STEP 1: Make sure your submission meets all the international Imagine Cup criteria:
- Read the general rules on: http://www.imaginecup.com/about/imagine-cup-2011-official-rules
- Your entry must address a social cause in line with the Imagine Cup 2011 theme: Imagine a world where technology helps solve the toughest problems (not limited to the eight United Nations Millennium Development Goals).
- Read the Software Design rules on: http://www.imaginecup.com/competitions/software/software-design-rules
- Make sure that your application meets the technical requirements (on .NET framework, using Visual Studio, including at least 1 optional element).
- Each Belgian team has to create a video presentation (in English). Check out the detailed requirements on http://www.imaginecup.com/competitions/software/software-design-rules (under “Entry requirements”)
- STEP 2: Register your team by sending the following information to email@example.com (deadline = April 22, 23:59)
- Name of your team
- First name, family name and email address of each student in the team
- Name of your school (in case you attend a different school, indicate the name of the school for each team member)
- First name, family name and email address of your mentor (optionally)
- STEP 3: Submit your project by completing the following steps (deadline = May 2, 23:59) :
- Send the title of your project, together with a description (in English - max. 200 words) and at least 3 screen captures of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send the URL where we can download your video presentation.
On May 4 in the afternoon, your team will be required to give a 20 minutes presentation (in English) about your project.
The judging criteria are:
- Problem Definition (10%)
- Solution Design & Innovation (35%)
- Technical Architecture & User Experience (30%)
- Business Viability (15%)
- Presentation (10%)
The Belgian final will take place at:
Microsoft Executive Briefing Center for European Innovation
Avenue des Nerviens 85
In case you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.