You feel super-weird when you pack jackets and woolens when it’s 107 degrees outside. But that’s what I’m doing right now as I’m getting ready to travel to Redmond Saturday morning. Weather.com tells me that its likely to hit as low as 40 degrees in the next week. So if you happen to be in Redmond and see someone frozen on the side walk, you know who it is 🙂
Sriram’s complaints about the weather reminded me of my folly last year. I traveled to Redmond, sometime in March and was happily traveling in shorts and T-shirt. When I came out of the Seattle airport I almost got frozen.
So this year I plan not to make the same mistakes I did last year. So I’ll try to take the following precautions
- No offense to StarBucks but I’m carrying my own coffee.
- Carry warm clothes in my shoulder bag so that I can avoid the freezing part when I get out of the airport in Seattle
- There’s a switch you need to hit to cross streets
- Never complain about the rain.
- Remember to drive on the right side of the road. This is the most difficult part. Here in India we drive (mostly 🙂 ) on the left side of the road. All the car controls are exactly on the opposite side.
- Restaurants close by 9:00.